Thursday, April 10, 2008

Why P90X for Me Instead of the Gym?

That was a question I asked myself before starting? I'm a real estate agent busy selling homes for a builder. I drive 1.5 hours TO work, then 1.5 hrs HOME! I have a husband, a home, and an internet business. Time is definitely at a premium. Most of us these days have similar stories, we leave the house at 7am or earlier and get back home at 6pm or later. Our social lives suffer because there just isn't that sort of time, especially if you have a family. By the time the work day is done its time to fix dinner or watch the kids while the spouse fixes dinner or goes and picks it up. The choice for me was simple, and not really even a choice. I needed to do something that did not take away from my family time, but still showed me results. True, some days, getting up early is really tough, but I have only missed one workout!



Back to the original question: ‘Should I Invest In A Gym Membership or P90X! Ask yourself the following:



1. What time do you go to work?

2. What time do you get home?

3. What’s your family situation?

4. How do you think your spouse will feel if you get home at 7pm and then go off to the gym for an hour or so three to four times per week? (That by the way represents a good use of a gym memberships)



Okay, I know... tough questions, and P90X is not for everyone. I chose it because it works for me. I can live with it. It is a lifestyle change for me. Yes, I can hardly wait to finish my 90 days-- post my pictures, before and after, and prove to myself that this is for real. I'm not some idiot that fell for an infomercial and lost money. I am able to make the commitment and stick with it. It is one of the best things that I have done for myself and my family....I can't tell you how much weight my husband has lost just because I have changed my cooking habits,(20 lbs!) One of these days he'll jump on the exercise band wagon, as well as stop smoking like I hope and pray he will!



I wake up at 6am everyday. I used to roll over and fall asleep. Now I jump out of bed--energized and eager to start the day! Exercise is first on the daily agenda! Most people are not schedule freaks like me-- when the kids go to bed, or during the lunch hour also works, but it needs to be the same routine daily.



What do I need to get started, well you can click here to get started on the program: I'm Ready



What do I need? You need a pull up bar, and some sort of light barbells or bands, both are available through this link: BeachBody Store I also recommend some additional nutrients, but we'll cover those after you've gotten started - not mandatory, but they definitely help recovery!

No comments: