Thursday, April 10, 2008

Nutrition

Okay, nutrition is the key for P90X. Sure exercising and building muscle is important, but if you really want to see that 6-pack, you may have to remove a few sheets of fat.....I know I do, too!

Phase 1 - To me seemed very similar to the South Beach or Atkins diets. Heavy on proteins and light on carbs, but, there are 6-8 meals a day. I never feel hungry. I know in South Beach and Atkins, I always seemed to get hungry. There is a good nutrition guide that gives solid manageable meals. I generally cook for the entire week and didn't have a problem.

Phase 2 - Complex carbs are upped here, and you need it. In Phase 1 the body went through a transformation, now it is evolving. My coach lost 25lbs in Phase 1, which is extreme, many people don't lose that much; however, everyone I know has lost inches and body fat. Remember, long term fat burning requires muscle, and lean muscle growth is what we are targeting.

Phase 3 - More complex carbs are added, and you may start to feel hungry here. Combat that by eating every two hours.

No comments: